Positive thoughts and practices are the
weights that keep us sharp and toned.
This is a blog post simply to brag on some of the amazing women that have waltzed through my life. From corporate women to successful entrepreneurs, they all have one thing in common…they all stand firmly and confidently in their power and their purpose and inspire those around them like me :)
So get your eyes ready to learn about some amazing Sheroes. Don’t you just love Women’s History Month?! Let the bragging begin!
1) Eulinda “Lynn” Smith – Owner of Halo Salon & Experience. Where hair and Heaven Meet! Her salon offers a hair haven with an upscale, professional and tranquil setting! More than a salon, it’s an experience!
- Lynn has been doing my hair since I was in elementary school. From doing my hair in her living room to having one of the classiest salons in Tallahassee, she is a successful entrepreneur and true inspiration to me and I’m so glad I get to call her my big sister.
Lynn’s Shop is located in Tallahassee, Florida. Thank you for continuing to walk in your purpose!
Address: 413 N. Magnolia Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32308
1) Women’s Prosperity Network Founders, Susan Wiener, Trish Carr, & Nancy Matthews –
Women’s Prosperity Network was founded by three sisters with the intention of creating a new type of networking for women. A network within a framework of a continuing community of support, education and advancement in their personal and professional lives. I can tell you from experience that this community is ALL THAT and so much more! If you know me, and we’ve talked female empowerment, then you’ve heard me sing praises about WPN.
The three founding sisters are Susan Wiener, Trish Carr, and Nancy Matthews. They each possess such unique and powerful gifts which explain why the foundation of this network is solid and has continued to flourish since 2008. Thank you for continuing to walk in your purpose sisters!
Women’s Prosperity Network Website: womensprosperitynetwork.com/
1) Karla D. Ellis – Karla D. Ellis is a successful Florida lawyer that I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know through Women’s Prosperity Network. With a background in criminal appeals as a former assistant attorney general, she stands in her power each day taking the opportunity to help others.
Her most recent success is coaching a moot court team to a WIN from her law school Alma mater, Florida State University. Thank you for continuing to walk in your purpose, Karla!
1) Honey Hilliard – Honey Hilliard is a beautiful and successful American artist that I also met through Women’s Prosperity Network! (See how many amazing women I’ve met through that network?!)
Honey is a self-taught artist that loves to create a visual language of colorful optimism that is relatable and inspiring. Her work has been exhibited in galleries, museums and publications worldwide. The first time I saw Honey at a WPN meeting, I was drawn to her angelic-like spirit. It was like a stream of butterflies floated behind her as she walked lol! I know, but that’s what her spirit looks and feels like. I love working and hanging out with Honey and her family. From modeling her Armscarves to hanging out at the pool with her and her youngest daughter, Honey is an inspiring entrepreneurial female leader. Thank you for continuing to talk in your purpose, Honey!
Young Female Leaders:
1) Symone Davis – Symone is a phenomenal news reporter at WAVY TV 10/FOX 43. Symone and I are Sorority sisters and met at a Sorority meeting where she was working at my local news station at the time. We automatically connected because we were the youngsters of the group. From there we’ve kept in close touch and have watched each other grow and continue to flourish.
Symone continues to make a great name for herself as she climbs up the news anchor ladder, and I’ll continue to cheer her on every step of the way. Symone, thank you for being such a great example for beautiful little girls that are coming after you. Thank you for continuing to walk in your purpose!
2) Kat Medrano – Kat Medrano is a young woman of many goals and talents. She is a holistic lifestyle coach, a makeup artist, and how she’s helped me most is by being an essential Oils Educator. I met Kat at a WPN meeting (See what I mean!) We started talking and have stayed connected from there! Essential oils has played a huge part in my life and the lives of my family’s over the last few years, and I have Kat to thank for that. She took the time to answer any and all questions my mom and I had with pleasure. We are truly an essential oil family now! Thank you for continuing to walk in your purpose!
3) Benin Saffo – Benin Saffo is a corporate success as a product manager at IBM Watson. I’ve known Benin since middle school and I always knew success would follow her wherever she went. Something that I may not have understood back in middle school but greatly admire now is her uniqueness and authenticity. Benin has an extraordinary passion for technology, people, and hair, and her recent AI (artificial intelligence) technology for natural hair is going to blow the socks off of the natural hair industry! Benin built a custom model to define different hair types through Watson Visual Recognition. (Pauseeee for dramatic effect!) My friends are bombbbbb! I’ll leave an article below for you to learn more about her new technology. Neener, thank you for continuing to walk in your purpose!
4) Bianca Belabre – Bianca Belabre is a successful social media strategist/manager and fashion blogger. My mom happened to meet her at….you guessed it…a WPN meeting. As they were talking, she was already familiar with my social media and I believe we connected through DM (direct messaging) and we’ve stayed connected since then! We are definitely each other’s road buddies when going to events around town.
Bianca is great at developing content that is consistent with your brand and delivers quality posts. I love that we are in the same area of business and do not view ourselves as competitors. Like WPN says, “It’s co-opetition.” We’re here to be helpers one to another and I’m excited to joint venture together in the future. Oh, and did I mention that she’s an amazing host?! She hosts several events around town and owns every stage she graces. Bianca, thank you for continuing to walk in your purpose!
Well, now you understand why I stay inspired and encouraged. I have these amazing women in my life that continue to motivate me on a regular basis.
The women above are awesome, and I want to remind you that you are too.
So, if no one has told you already, Happy Women’s History Month!
You are amazing.